SV: win 2000

Ulf Bertilsson ulf.bertilsson at adcomdata.no
Mon Sep 25 08:24:33 GMT 2000

> Ulf,
>
> Samba is designed to run on Unix.  Posix in particular.  The fact that
> Olaf is able to do an Amiga port of Samba *without* using the Unix
> emulation library is a testament to his abilities as a programmer.

Olaf is my one time big hero, his work with updating Amiga OS3.5 is
wonderful.
A short glimse of his sources make me compare coding to poetry.

I guess Samba could have use of the Amiga philosify of small,
simple and optimized programming ot get the most of any type of hardware.

> I have met Olaf, and I like him a lot.

I haven't got the possibility yett, but he has promt replay to my emails.

I hope one day I will have the possibility to meet you all over some beer =D

> I am planning on working with him
> when he does the next Amiga port.

Will that be a port for Amiga NG or Samba 2.0.8 ?, your thinking of ?

> Any clear bug-fixes he puts out will be
> moved back into the main tree.

I'm confident that Samba will get smaler smother and more stable with the
help of Olaf.

> Simple fixes to improve  portability will
> also go.

True indeed. Can't Olaf diff file be "diffed" into the main source ?

>  Anything more complex than that will require discussion.

Let's the tech handle that :)