Samba and AIX 4.3.3

Michael E Osborne mosborne at jacads.com
Thu Sep 21 19:22:18 GMT 2000

We run Samba 2.0.7 under AIX 4.3.2 and 4.3.3 no problems. Our samba
processes average about 1.6M. We have seen this problem though. It seems to
be caused by Samba's test ofhow many files it can open. I believe it
defaults to about 10,000. Add a "max open files" statement to your config
file and see if that fixes your problem.

Dee Mitchell <dee_mitchell at mail.northgrum.com> on 09/21/2000 08:43:02 AM