SV: win 2000

Christopher R. Hertel crh at nts.umn.edu
Thu Sep 21 16:49:28 GMT 2000

Ulf,

Samba is designed to run on Unix.  Posix in particular.  The fact that
Olaf is able to do an Amiga port of Samba *without* using the Unix
emulation library is a testament to his abilities as a programmer.

I have met Olaf, and I like him a lot.  I am planning on working with him
when he does the next Amiga port.  Any clear bug-fixes he puts out will be
moved back into the main tree.  Simple fixes to improve portability will
also go.  Anything more complex than that will require discussion.

Chris -)-----