Accessing samba across domains

Rick Day rick.day at thewarehousegroup.com.au
Wed Sep 20 02:26:58 GMT 2000

Thanks Ulf.  Unfortunately this is still not working.  All
the points you suggest are fine.  Wins is working, the trust
relationship is working for every thing else, I can ping,
telnet, ftp, etc the Sco Unix boxes from second domain, and
the Sco Unix boxes are in Wins and in network neibourhood.
The only thing that does not work is mapping the drive from
a workstation logged on with a user in the second domain.
When I try to map the drive, I just get a message saying that
the password is incorrect.

I'm not sure of the internal mechanics of the logon process,
but it's as if the user's domain name, or something specific to
the user's domain is being passed as part of the authentication.
So, when samba tries to authenticate a loginname from Domain2,
it talks to the Domain1 PDC and then fails.

Again any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
Rick Day