unaligned trap errors on alpha

profmakx.fmp at gmx.de profmakx.fmp at gmx.de
Thu Sep 14 14:29:38 GMT 2000

Hi!

Thanks for your answer. I know about unaligned traps pretty well (as im
used to program on alpha). But I havent got the time to pinpoint this
trap and I dont know the samba source that good. The only thing that I
can say regarding this is that It only happens (nearly only) during
writing data. I dont know if it helps when I copy the address out of
/var/log/messages. I now use the latest pre 3.0.0 (samba-tng 2.6.0 beta )
but I havent testet it yet. Before that I used 2.0.7 ..

Sep 14 15:26:26 fmpserver kernel: smbd(19751): unaligned trap at
00000001200e61c
0: 00000001202c6244 27 10
Sep 14 15:26:26 fmpserver kernel: smbd(19751): unaligned trap at
00000001200e61c
4: 00000001202c624c 27 11
Sep 14 15:39:14 fmpserver kernel: smbd(19827): unaligned trap at
00000001200e61c
0: 00000001202c6244 27 10
Sep 14 15:39:14 fmpserver kernel: smbd(19827): unaligned trap at
00000001200e61c

Additional info following if needed ...