VFS Implementation and user authentication

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba.org
Thu Sep 14 03:37:34 GMT 2000

On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, Nicolas Williams wrote:

> > relevant to the app?  where does that come in with respect to User
> > Credentials?
>
> I meant that only MS' ActiveDirectory puts any profile info in Kerberos
> tickets, at this time.

okay, okay.

> Actually, DCE does something like that as well;

yes: paul leach told me that they copied the concept of putting
user-profiles [User Credentials] into the kerberos application-specific
field from the DCE environment.

> you're looking at DCE, so you could tell us the gory details ;) ;)

hm, let's see.  in the dce 1.22 source, the *.c code is 7.25 million
lines. the *.h code is 1.3 million lines.  the idl files is 170 thousand.

in the dce 1.1 runtime lib/env, the total number of lines is only about a
quarter million.

oh, _now_ i see the two smileys - you _were_ joking, after all.