Third & Last Try: Resend: Name Mangling

James Sutherland jas88 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Sep 13 12:43:26 GMT 2000

On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, Ross Branje wrote:

> Any chance that someone might address this inquiry?
> It was originally sent in Vol1 #93, on August 31, 2000.

I would imagine NT is doing its own mangling locally, so it mangles
correctly? If mylongdir20 and mylongdir30 both mangle to MYLONG~0, there's
something rather nasty wrong... What SHOULD happen, of course, is that
after we've mangled something into MYLONG~9, we go into double figures:
MYLON~10, MYLON~11, etc. If Samba isn't doing this correctly, it should be
a fairly simple fix, I hope??

James.