BUG - SAMBA_2_2 Win9X profiles are broken

Jeremy Allison jeremy at valinux.com
Mon Oct 30 19:37:55 GMT 2000

Richard Sharpe wrote:

> OK,
>
> Committed. For those who can't wait, attached is a diff. Apply it to
> source/lib/substitute.c by:
>
>    cd source/lib
>    patch < /path/to/diff/file ...

Actually I'm afraid this isn't correct, as it causes %U
to work in standard_sub_basic() which we specifically
removed as the username is not always valid in this
context/

The solution used in the PDC logon code is to call
standard_sub_advanced() after getting the lp_logon_XX()
variables.

I'm committing this fix at the moment.

Thanks a *lot* for the analysis though !

Jeremy.