Big Endian archtectures

Jim McDonough/Boulder/IBM jmcd at us.ibm.com
Mon Oct 30 18:34:39 GMT 2000

Whoops, I should have copied the list....I'll try to remember what I said.

I'm running on AIX and PPCLinux, and I can confirm your fears.  I'd offer
you access to my machines, but they're inside a firewall.

One specific bug I've run into (so has Greg Dickie on IRIX) is that in the
Printers admin share, the Unicode strings get byte-swapped, and the result
is that all the printer names, descriptions, etc. appear as a string of
blocks.  This patch works around it, but I'm not comfortable with it...
(See attached file: bigendian.Printersshare.patch)

I'm trying to get more familiar with the code so I can make a real fix to
it....

Jim

----------------------------
Jim McDonough