Few quick questions

Jason Osborne rage at sohonetworks.cc
Mon Oct 30 08:24:18 GMT 2000

I know most of these are probably covered in some text file out there, but
here goes

I just setup vpn access on my server and have noticed a problem related to
samba. I have added to my config file the lines necessary to start a wins
server. When I log in under a different subnet, I can view all the smb
enabled machines on the network. However, when I try to view the shares
under windows 98, it says that the computer could not be found on the
network. any ides?

I noticed that samba is display users home directories on the same machine
after logging in under a different user name. This of course is bad
security, but I am unsure how to correct the problem.

Thanks for all your help.

--
Jason Osborne
Home and Office Network Solutions