Working on the codebase - general advice...

Mayers, Philip J p.mayers at ic.ac.uk
Sun Oct 29 17:54:53 GMT 2000

I'm having a few... issues with working on the Samba codebase (spnego
aside).

Namely: I added a few members to "struct cli_state", which completely hosed
the build, because a "make" didn't pick up the fact the header "client.h"
had changed, and there were inconsistencies in the resultant files...

Surely I don't have to do a "make clean" every time I alter a top-level
header?

So far, the layout is proving... Erm... Interesting...

Regards,
Phil