Having problems with the install

Donny DiBuono Donny_DiBuono at ninewest.com
Thu Oct 26 14:29:56 GMT 2000

I'm trying to install SAMBA 2.0.7.0 on a AIX 4.3.2 system. I downloaded
SAMBA to my PC workstation and then FTP it to the AIX system into the
/usr/sys/inst.images directory. I'm following the installation procedures
from the SAMBA INSTALLATION, CONFIGURATION, and SIZING GUIDE(REDBOOKS)
chapter 2.1 installation with installp. After executing step 3(TYPE
./SAMBA-2.0.6.0.exe) I receive messages:
 file #1 bad zipfile offset  (local header sig) : 55982 (attempting to
re-compensate)
 file #2 bad zipfile offset  (local header sig) : 4959784 (attempting to
re-compensate)

I then proceed to step 4 and 5, when going into smitty install the SAMBA
file does not show up in the /usr/sys/inst.images directory

Your help would be appreciated.