[sugj-tech:1840] SWAT internatinalization project is working

Ryo Kawahara rkawa at lbe.co.jp
Thu Oct 26 13:26:44 GMT 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: Ryo Kawahara <rkawa at lbe.co.jp>
To: <samba-technical at samba.org>
Cc: <sugj-tech at samba.gr.jp>
Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2000 8:02 PM
Subject: Re: [sugj-tech:1840] SWAT internatinalization project is working

> Hi all. I send a patch to samba-patches at samba.org that
> enables output messages of SWAT, smbclient, testparm,
> make_unicodemap and smbstatus to be internationalized.
>
> http://samba.org/samba-patches?findid=187
>
> This patch applies to cvs SAMBA_2_2 of Oct, 24.
> The patch is very big (400KB) including GNU gettext source code,
> autoconf support and message catalog templates.

If the patch is considered to be too big to read, then I'll divide it into:
* SWAT modification which implements language negotiation and
  gettext invocation.
* gettextizing of smbclient, testparm and make_unicodemap.
* GNU gettext library source (intl/ dir) and corresponding modification
  for autoconf support.
* po/ and web/po directory which contains message catalog templates.

Shall I do it?

// Ryo Kawahara (rkawa at lbe.co.jp)
// http://www3.lbe.co.jp/~rkawa/