Benchmarking

David Collier-Brown David.Collier-Brown at canada.sun.com
Mon Oct 23 12:43:03 GMT 2000

Ulf Bertilsson wrote:

> Are there any offical or 3 party products that will
> offer an useful "benchmarking" of Samba performance ?
>
> Stresstest tools etc ?

	Yes: smbtorture is part of the standard
	suite, and there is dbench and tbench on
	the ftp site as well.  Between the three
	you get an end-to-end analysis...

	However: get my patches!  These fix the most
	common case of error (out of disk space) and
	provide a latency metric. They're at
	http://samba.org/cgi-bin/samba-patches

--dave
Work: (905) 415-2849 Home: (416) 223-8968 Email: davecb at canada.sun.com