Samba 2.2.0alpha0 snapshot released

David Lee T.D.Lee at durham.ac.uk
Mon Oct 9 16:06:05 GMT 2000

On Sun, 8 Oct 2000 jeremy at valinux.com wrote:

> It's available from the usual ftp sites, in the alpha
> directory as :
>
> <ftp mirror>:/pub/samba/alpha/samba-2.2.0-alpha0.tar.gz
>
> If people could test this snapshot out and provide feedback
> about what is broken (probably lots at the moment :-) and
> let the lists know that would help.

In "tdb/README" only two flags (TDB_INSERT and TDB_MODIFY) are documented
for tdb_store() .  Indeed, only those two explicitly occur in the code.
But it seems that a third value, "TDB_REPLACE", is also possible (and the
test programs use this).

Could someone rewrite those few lines of "tdb/README", explaining clearly
what each option does w.r.t. creation and overwrite.  Thanks.

:  http://www.dur.ac.uk/~dcl0tdl            South Road            :