Samba 2.2.0-alpha0 compiling problem

Robert Dahlem Robert.Dahlem at gmx.net
Tue Oct 10 18:02:45 GMT 2000

Hi,

When trying to compile the 2.2.0-alpha0 snapshot, my linker stops while
linking smbd with:

map_lock_offset                     smbd/reply.o

map_lock_offset() is in locking/posix.c, but defined as static. I tried
to make it non-static und rerun "make proto", but to no avail:

  nm locking/posix.o | grep map_lock_offset

does not find anything.

It seems that LARGE_SMB_OFF_T is not defined on my system but this
condition has to be fulfilled before map_lock_offset() is compiled. But
thats far beyond what I know about the code. :-)

Regards,
        Robert

Robert.Dahlem at gmx.net           Fax +49-69-432647