Ports 1024, 1047, and 3020

Christopher R. Hertel crh at nts.umn.edu
Tue Oct 10 16:50:32 GMT 2000

Okay, I'm confused.

Looking at the TCPIP.INI file that comes with NetMon, I note that ports
1024, 1047, and 3020 are parsed using the NBT parser.  Huh?

What's happening on these ports?  The selected snippings below show that
445 is parsed using session service, which I would expect, but so are TCP
1024, 1047, and 3020.  I also note that TCP 137 and 138 are listed, though
they shouldn't be used.  Under UDP it seems that UDP/139 is getting handed
off to the session service (though UDP isn't used for NBT sessions), and
UDP/3020 is being handled by the datagram service parser.  Odd.

Chris -)-----

:
; tcp handoff data for NBT
; 1000 is NS