question about documentation

David Collier-Brown David.Collier-Brown at canada.sun.com
Tue Oct 10 12:16:51 GMT 2000

Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote

Fredrik Viklund wrote:
> For this task, a format that is potent of generating text, html and man
> pages would be enough.
> Why not POD? Another way that would work is to use a HTML-template

	If you do **information preserving** translations,
	it really doesn't matter what you write in as long
	as you can translate it to the lingua fraca of a site.

	If someone wants to write in gronk* and translate to
	YODL, send me a gronk manual and I'll send you an
	awk script back, for you to improve on... hacking
	the translate script will probably teach you enough
	YODL you can write natively in it after a few days.

-- dave
[* Gronk: the noise the caveman makes in BC.  Not **currently** a
   scripting language.]
Work: (905) 415-2849 Home: (416) 223-8968 Email: davecb at canada.sun.com