SWAT - wishlist

Matthew Geddes mgeddes at xavier.sa.edu.au
Mon Oct 9 23:31:35 GMT 2000

Gerald Carter wrote:

> Peter de Groot wrote:
> >
> > It would be nice if SWAT presented the
> > relevant options together, and make some
> > fields not alterable depending on the major one.
> >

> Here's an example for anyone interested...
>
>   o when choosing security = domain
>     you are not presented with the 'password server'
>     parameter unless you choose the advanced view
>
> Anyone interested in working on SWAT?

I looked at it once, but I won't have the time for that at the moment. I
do, however, think that it should have some massive changes made. It's
all well and good to have a GUI, but when it's just as easy (more so,
given the documentation in the example file) to edit smb.conf by hand, I
think there are problems. I think a number of "Sane Defaults" should be
assumed. Anyone who wants to get into the more technical stuff
*obviously* knows (or thinks they knows ;-)) what they are doing. If
done correctly, it could take some pressure off getting the User Damager
stuff....

My 2 cents worth,
Matt

--

Matthew Geddes
Network Manager

...And by the way, Lars Kneschke's Samba TNG FAQ is at
http://www.kneschke.de/projekte/samba_tng/faq/index.php3