SAMBA IN SCO-UNIXWARE

Manuel Costa mcosta at registeam.pt
Mon Oct 9 22:38:24 GMT 2000

Hi,

I have a SCO Unixware7.1.1 server installed.

I install the Samba server 2.0.5a (compiled by sco). (ok, i tried the 2.0.7 from samba.org too)

This Samba server has only windows98 clients and it is the domain controller for the workgroup.

I put a startup.bat to connect drives automatically.

This server is my File and PrintServer.

All seems to work very well, but when I have some users printing and using the samba file server I got "fork resource temporarily unavailable" in the /usr/local/samba/var/log.<name_of_th_pc> when i trie to print to one of the samba server printer.

Here is a transcription:

----------------
[2000/10/04 17:59:04, 1] smbd/service.c:(550)  pc_rodrigues (194.9.200.16) connect to service hplaser as user rodrigues
(uid=120, gid=1) (pid 6624)
[2000/10/04 17:59:05, 0]
lib/smbrun.c:(128)
  smbrun: fork failed with error Resource temporarily unavailable
[2000/10/04 17:59:05, 0]
lib/smbrun.c:(128)
  smbrun: fork failed with error Resource temporarily unavailable

Any suggestion?

maybe I got some kernel value set lower?
but witch?

Is this a problem from SCO Unixware?

Thanks,

mcosta at registeam.pt