[Fwd: C++]

Michael Glauche mg at plum.de
Mon Oct 9 20:23:20 GMT 2000

> I am against the idea of C++. Why complicate things any more.
>
> My primary concern is that the differences in C++ implementations are much
> greater than C and we already have lots of code to deal with the C
> differences.

For me, c++ seems to be more natural ..
(at least, our *cough* reference implementation is written in c++ ;)

Samba has quite an amount of "strange" pointer hacks (remalloc array, etc),
and the latest purify sessions did reveal quite a lot memory leaks.
IMHO a c++ approach would be at least a bit more save ..
(but .. I am neither an C++ nor an C guru ;)

regards,
    Michael