new smb.conf option

Simo Sorce simo.sorce at polimi.it
Mon Oct 9 19:01:43 GMT 2000

Jean Francois Micouleau wrote:

> On Mon, 9 Oct 2000, Kevin Colby wrote:
>
> > Eventually, wouldn't remote user/group configuration tools need to
> > able to manipulate the domain group list as well as the local group
> > list?  A parameter string in smb.conf would make that rather difficult.
>
> yep.
>
> So if someone comes to a solution to the group mapping problem, be my
> guest :-)

using a group.map file with the following structure may be a way.

win_group_name:win_group_type:unix_group:unix_users separated by comas

Domain Admins:Builtin,Domain:root,sys,admgrp:root,admin,simo,kevin,jean
Domain Users:Builtin,Domain:users:
Local Users:Builtin,Local:users:
Everyone:Builtin,Local:ALL /* special tag all means really all groups
and users
Authenticated Users:Builtin,Local:users:root

This may be ported tu TDB and LDAP on the new rewrite.

> And I mean a real solution, local/domain groups, builtin groups, samba as
> a pdc, samba as a domain member, with/without winbind.
>
> Btw: the only real pizzas are from Italy ;-)

You're right I'll pleasured to offer an original Italian pizza to any
Samba Team member if you come to Italy!

--
Simo Sorce - Integrazione Sistemi Unix/Windows - Politecnico di Milano
E-mail: simo.sorce at polimi.it
Tel.int: 02 2399 2425 - Fax.int. 02 2399 2451