First alpha release of 2.2.0 being prepared.

Jeremy Allison jeremy at valinux.com
Sat Oct 7 00:58:26 GMT 2000

Hi all,

	I'm preparing for the *first* alpha release of
Samba 2.2.0. This will be a "lump of code" release, without
the doc updates and tidyups in a normal Samba release.

There's no real WHATSNEW with the changes this release
has yet - that's one of the first things I'll be fixing
in later alphas.

Of course as the alpha releases progress we'll be adding
these things in.

The only significant missing feature is the POSIX ACL
mapping but the good news is the vfs interfaces have
been rewritten to make plugging this in much easier.

I've been going through the patch submissions and integrating
the ones that are easy and beneficial.

If there is a particular patch you really want in
the alphas of 2.2.0 can you send me a reference to it
and I'll respond asap.

I want to get code out there even though the docs are
not in shape, to get as wide a testing base as possible.

And yes I expect lots of things to break, so don't run
this on a production system :-) :-).

Thanks,

	Jeremy Allison,
	Samba Team.