new smb.conf option

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Fri Oct 6 21:16:49 GMT 2000

Jean Francois Micouleau wrote:

> anybody against a new smb.conf option "domain group"
> being a list of unix groups. Those groups would be flagged
> by samba as "domain groups" instead of "local groups".
>
> Comments ? Objections ?

I'm a little fuzzy on this.  Just for clarifcation.
Are all user accounts on a PDC considered to be
domain accounts?

I always get lost in the domain vs. local groups on
a PDC.  domain groups would be available via the group
enumeration dialogs on NT clients.  What purpose
to local groups have on a Samba server?

jerry
 \/    http://www.valinux.com  VA Linux Systems    gcarter at valinux.com
       http://www.samba.org       SAMBA Team           jerry at samba.org