Samba suggestion. (.smbaccess)

Robert Dahlem Robert.Dahlem at gmx.net
Fri Oct 6 17:32:11 GMT 2000

David,

On Thu, 5 Oct 2000 16:16:30 +0100 (BST), David Lee wrote:

>As of 2.0.7 there is a feature called "inherit permissions" which
>might help.  See the smb.conf(5) man page in 2.0.7 .

On Thu, 24 Aug 2000 18:59:22 +0200 I sent you some notes about
"inherit permissions":

    The problem with "inherit permissions = yes" is that it
    effectively prevents setting the read-only attribute (dropping the
    w-bit(s)) on existing files.

    All the documentation tells that it only will have effects on
    newly created things but it insists on chmod-ing with the parent
    directories attributes whenever you fiddle with attributes from
    the clients side.

Has something be done on this yet?

Regards,
        Robert

Robert.Dahlem at gmx.net           Fax +49-69-432647

Sent using PMMail (http://www.pmmail2000.com) - fast, decent, email
software; far better than Outlook. Try it sometime.