"nr.lpComment" string in WNetAddConnection2()

Joe Flowers flowers at social.chass.ncsu.edu
Fri Oct 6 11:50:32 GMT 2000

Does anyone know if the WNetAddConnection2()'s
"nr.lpComment" string (that can be populated for the authentication and
drive mapping to a Samba share) is sent to the Samba server along with
the other required information in the "nr" data structure?

Is it encrypted or plaintext, regardless of the
"EnablePlainTextPassword"
setting?

I'm new to server-side Samba programming (sorry), but if I were to try
to capture the username and password and "nr.lpComment" string in the
Samba server code, what .c file and where do I need to look?

Thanks a lot!

Joe