Samba suggestion. (.smbaccess)

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Thu Oct 5 13:09:13 GMT 2000

Ries van Twisk wrote:

> But If .smbaccess is implemented you can set access
> restrictions on a 'per directory base' or even
> change locking semantics on a per directory base.
> I do understand maintaining this files might be a
> problems so one must be a bit conservative using
> these files but it would extend the flexibility of samba
> a lot. Also I don't know if it's difficult to implement
> this or not. It just a thought..... (that's where
> thoughts are for :-)  )

Probably not enogh payoff for the work.  Also would be a
lot of overhead.  And since the same stuff can be done
right now using filesystem permissions.....

Of course, this doesn't stop anyone from playing with
the idea, I just don't think it will make its way into the
HEAD source branch.

Cheers, jerry
 \/    http://www.valinux.com  VA Linux Systems    gcarter at valinux.com
       http://www.samba.org       SAMBA Team           jerry at samba.org