Proosed patch to make select able to tell errors from timeouts

David Collier-Brown David.Collier-Brown at canada.sun.com
Tue Oct 3 16:53:12 GMT 2000

  This change makes samba log the problem when select fails,
instead of silently ignoring it (forever).  The previous
behavior interfered with a port to Stratus, if I reccollect
correctly.

  This doesn't actually fix anything, you understand: it
just tells the user that it's failed.  As select isn't
expected to fail in normal use, this may be sufficient...
If we find select is tripping over broken pipes, this
might be worth revisting...

  It's at http://samba.org/samba-patches?findid=175

--dave

Work: (905) 415-2849 Home: (416) 223-8968 Email: davecb at canada.sun.com