samba-patches (was: sambaweb)

gcarter at valinux.com gcarter at valinux.com
Tue Oct 3 13:25:38 GMT 2000

Neil Hoggarth wrote:

> When you send a message back to the originator,
> could you cc the samba-patches address, so that
> the correspondence goes "on the record"?
>
> Do the submitters of rejected patches not normally
> get a response? Surely it would be helpful to let
> people know what is wrong with their submission so
> that they have an opportunity to fix their submission to
> make it acceptable (or give up if you hate their idea!
> :-))?
>
> I hate to suggest further hoops for a busy person
> to jump through but I really, *really* think that if
> you are actually reading, accepting and rejecting
> these submissions for inclusion into Samba then
> the JitterBug database ought to be updated to
> reflect their status.

I dug Jeremy out of his email black hole yesterday :)
and talked with him about this.  What we really need
is more people to be working on patches. :-) :-)

That aside for the moment, the answer to your question
is that he tries to send everyone a response, good or bad.
The ones that get accepted are more likely to have more
in depth responses obvously.

I think we have a lot of loose ends that get overlooked
sometimes.  I'm working on cleaning up some of this
hopefully over the next few weeks (or months).

Cheers, jerry
 \/    http://www.valinux.com  VA Linux Systems    gcarter at valinux.com
       http://www.samba.org       SAMBA Team           jerry at samba.org
       http://www.eng.auburn.edu/~cartegw