NMBD process cannot restart

Kai Blin k.blin at gmx.net
Tue Oct 3 13:08:39 GMT 2000

Sitting at the campfire, Ulf Bertilsson told:
> Your smb.conf could come handy.
>
> I think you should have a close look at:
>
> "ERROR: both 'wins support = true' and 'wins server = <server>' cannot "
>
> Go over your smb.conf file and try comment your our WISN server settings
> entries.
> Then se if it works.

I know this problem. At my box, commenting out the WINS line, starting nmbd,
uncommenting the WINS line and sending a kill -HUP to the nmbd process
helps. Kind of dirty workaround, though.

HTH
Kai

--
Kai Blin, Sysop
University of Tuebingen

<rcw> those apparently-bacteria-like multicolor worms coming out of
      microsoft's backorifice
<rcw> that's the backoffice logo