samba-patches (was: sambaweb)

Neil Hoggarth neil.hoggarth at physiol.ox.ac.uk
Tue Oct 3 09:08:39 GMT 2000

On Mon, 2 Oct 2000, Jeremy Allison wrote:

> They sit in my inbox until I integrate or reject 'em.
> If I integrate them I usually send a message directly
> back to the submitter.

Dear Jeremy,

When you send a message back to the originator, could you cc the
samba-patches address, so that the correspondence goes "on the record"?

Do the submitters of rejected patches not normally get a response?
Surely it would be helpful to let people know what is wrong with their
submission so that they have an opportunity to fix their submission to
make it acceptable (or give up if you hate their idea! :-))?

I hate to suggest further hoops for a busy person to jump through but I
really, *really* think that if you are actually reading, accepting and
rejecting these submissions for inclusion into Samba then the JitterBug
database ought to be updated to reflect their status.

Regards,
--
Neil Hoggarth                                 Departmental Computer Officer
<neil.hoggarth at physiol.ox.ac.uk>                   Laboratory of Physiology