Ksamba-0.3.4 error while compiling

Kumar Prem r34124 at email.sps.mot.com
Tue Oct 3 04:17:18 GMT 2000

Hi I have another problem when trying to install ksamba on my Solaris 8
w/s. Below is the snapshot and errors that I received. Please see in red
for the command.

/usr/local/temp/ksamba-0.3.4

mysolaris# ./configure
checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8
checking target system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8
checking build system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8
checking for a BSD compatible install... (cached) /usr/bin/ginstall -c
checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... (cached) yes
checking for working aclocal... missing
checking for working autoconf... missing
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... missing
checking for working makeinfo... missing
checking for a C-Compiler...
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C... (cached) yes
checking how to run the C preprocessor... (cached) gcc -E
checking for a C++-Compiler...
checking for g++... (cached) g++
checking whether the C++ compiler (g++  -s) works... yes
checking whether the C++ compiler (g++  -s) is a cross-compiler... yes
checking whether we are using GNU C++... (cached) yes
checking for ranlib... (cached) ranlib
checking for ld used by GCC... (cached) /usr/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... (cached) yes
checking for BSD-compatible nm... (cached) /usr/bin/nm -B
checking whether ln -s works... (cached) yes
checking for g++ option to produce PIC... -fPIC
checking if g++ PIC flag -fPIC works... yes
checking if g++ static flag -static works... -static
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... no
checking whether the linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries...
yes
checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output... ./ltconfig:
/usr/bin/nm: not found
no
checking for /usr/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
checking dynamic linker characteristics... solaris2.8 ld.so
checking whether to build shared libraries... no
checking for objdir... .libs
creating libtool
checking for AIX... no
checking for minix/config.h... (cached) no
checking whether NLS is requested... yes
checking for msgfmt... (cached) /usr/bin/msgfmt
checking for gmsgfmt... (cached) /usr/bin/msgfmt
checking for xgettext... (cached) /usr/bin/xgettext
found xgettext programs is not GNU xgettext; ignore it
checking for dirent.h that defines DIR... (cached) yes
checking for opendir in -ldir... (cached) no
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... (cached) g++ -E
checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yes
checking for fcntl.h... (cached) yes
checking for sys/time.h... (cached) yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking for sys/cdefs.h... (cached) yes
checking for fnmatch.h... (cached) yes
checking for sysent.h... (cached) no
checking for strings.h... (cached) yes
checking for sys/stat.h... (cached) yes
checking for socket in -lsocket... (cached) no
checking for X... (cached) libraries /usr/X11R6/lib, headers
/usr/X11R6/include
checking for QT... (cached) libraries /usr/lib/qt/lib, headers
/usr/lib/qt/include
checking for moc... (cached) /usr/bin/moc
checking for KDE... (cached) libraries /opt/kde/lib, headers
/opt/kde/include
checking for main in -lcompat... (cached) no
checking for giflib... (cached) yes
checking for jpeglib... (cached) -ljpeg
checking for rpath... yes
checking whether time.h and sys/time.h may both be included... (cached)
yes
checking for bool... (cached) yes
checking if you need GNU extensions... no
checking for socket... (cached) yes
checking for vsnprintf... (cached) yes
checking for setenv... (cached) yes
checking for getdomainname... (cached) yes
checking for the third argument of getsockname... (cached) int
creating ./config.status
creating Makefile
creating ksamba/Makefile
creating po/Makefile
creating config.h
config.h is unchanged

mysolaris# make
make  all-recursive
Making all in ksamba
mksh: Fatal error in reader: = missing from replacement macro reference
Current working directory /usr/local/temp/ksamba-0.3.4/ksamba
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'
Current working directory /usr/local/temp/ksamba-0.3.4
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive-am'
mysolaris# ksamba

Anyone pls help?

Regards,
Prem.,