Samba 2.0.7 memleaks.. leak in excl oplocks?

P Ranjit Kumar ranjit at cup.hp.com
Mon Oct 2 19:31:53 GMT 2000

I am just looking around in Samba 2.0.7 code for memory leaks and I see that
there is a write cache being setup in smbd/fileio.c when a file is written.
I don't see a call to deleting the cache anywhere else in the code. The
cache is setup (func name: setup_write_cache) when a file is opened with
excl oplock and some data is written to it for the first time.

However, I could not test this portion of code as I don't know how to send
an excl oplock request to Samba server from a NT Client.

This is just another idea for the team to look for potential memory leaks.
If anyone knows how to get the portion of the code with setting up the
write_cache test, please let me know.

Thanks,
Ranjit
HP CIFS Server Team