2.2 as a domain member.

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Mon Nov 27 22:51:43 GMT 2000

(was Re: Samba 2.2.0alpha1 snapshot released)

At 11:17 AM 27/11/2000 -0800, Jeremy Allison wrote:
>Jason Haar wrote:
>> Attached is what debug level 9 reports when "jhaar" attaches via 2.2.0
smbclient
>> to 2.2.0 server.

>Not enough info. Send a debug level 10.

No, actually it was more than enough. In private conversation with this
fellow, he discovered that he needed to _rejoin_ a (NT controlled) domain,
ie the an upgrade from 2.0.7 to 2.2 as a domain member required rejoining
and then returning to 2.0.7 requires the same. Sounds possible, can someone
else confirm before I document it ?

Secondly he believes that the parameter 'security = DOMAIN' (as written by
swat) was being ignored until he manually edited it to lower case 'security
= domain'. Again, any comments ?

I don't have a samba machine here that I can conviently join to a domain,
my test machine being a pdc....

David
David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au