Samba 2.2.0alpha1 snapshot released

Jason Haar Jason.Haar at trimble.co.nz
Mon Nov 27 20:00:58 GMT 2000

On Mon, Nov 27, 2000 at 11:17:22AM -0800, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> > Turn off 2.0.7, start new 2.2.0 WITH SAME smb.conf file
> >
> > Users attach to 2.2.0 box, it authenticates them off /etc/smbpasswd!!! That
> > doesn't exist, so they get access denied. It doesn't even attempt to access
> > the domain controller!

Found the problem. I didn't know you had to REJOIN THE DOMAIN!!!!! :-)

i.e. the DOMAIN.mac file generated within Samba 2.0 series for domain
members isn't used by 2.2. In fact there were a few debug lines of the form
"not found" (with no filename) - perhaps they are broken debugs referring to
the fact that secrets.tdb/etc weren't found? If not, there probably should
be such debug calls anyway.

I couldn't find anything about rejoining the domain being required
documented anywhere, so perhaps that fact should be emphasized so that
others (besides me) don't make the same mistake?

Anyway, all working now :-)

--
Cheers

Jason Haar

Unix/Special Projects, Trimble NZ
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417