Samba 2.2.0alpha1 snapshot released

Jason Haar Jason.Haar at trimble.co.nz
Thu Nov 23 22:41:04 GMT 2000

I'm still seeing a problem that I've had with the CVS releases in general.

Under 2.07, I'm running Samba as a domain member of a NT 4 domain. When
somone connects, it looks like Samba checks their creds against the domain
controller only.

Under 2.2.0, with same /etc/smb.conf, it immediately goes to /etc/smbpasswd
- which I have never had! So auth fails, yada, yada, yada...

If I put a valid smbpasswd file there, then it works - but the whole point
is to auth off existing NT domain controllers...

This is under RedHat 6.2

[global]
workgroup = TNZ
server string = Samba Server %v
security = DOMAIN
encrypt passwords = Yes
update encrypted = Yes
password server = PDC BDC
unix password sync = Yes
log level = 9
log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
max log size = 0
socket options = TCP_NODELAY
SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192
lm announce = False
local master = No
dns proxy = No
wins server = PDC
guest account = smbguest

--
Cheers

Jason Haar

Unix/Special Projects, Trimble NZ
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417