Samba 2.2.0alpha1 snapshot released

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Thu Nov 23 04:04:58 GMT 2000

Whew!

That cvs.log file is huge!  Makes up for ~1Mb compressed.
And the messages includes all branches (even those which are
not part of the SAMBA_2_2 tree.  We should prune this
to only contain fixes for this branch (in a release).  We'll
save bandwidth on downloads and remove some possible confusion.
Anyone wany to write a perl script to do this?  Anyone besides
me think this is a good idea (pruning the log to relavant
entries)?

btw...the gzipped file is ~5Mb.  The bzipped2 file saves
~1Mb.  Should we release in both formats and leave the option
up to folks?

I'm thinking that overall we can trim ~1.5Mb off the
archive using these two things.

Cheers, jerry
 \/    http://www.valinux.com/  VA Linux Systems   gcarter at valinux.com
       http://www.samba.org/       SAMBA Team          jerry at samba.org