get_correct_cversion()

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Wed Nov 22 21:35:41 GMT 2000

Jeremy, JF,

I've got a little problem with the latest SAMBA_2_2 code
(exists in HEAD as well).  The problem has to do the
get_correct_cversion() call.

[root at queso]$ spooladdprinterdriver "Windows NT x86" "HP LaserJet \
  2100 Series PS:PSCRIPT.DLL:HP2100_6.PPD:PSCRPTUI.DLL:PSCRIPT.HLP: \
  NULL:RAW:pscript.hlp,hp2100_6.ppd,pscript.dll,pscrptui.dll"

The filename being passed into get_correct_cversion()
is W32X86/PSCRIPT.DLL.  The problem is that with
'short preserve case = no' and 'default case = lower'
this fails to open the file because the filename is actually
'pscript.dll'

What needs to happen is

  o either we convert to the filename in the open call
    to the right one based on the defaults.  Maybe a parameter
    matrix can do this (haven't fully thought it out)

  o we try the open multiple times until we can be assured
    the file doesn't exist.

I would prefer the first solution if we can get it right.
Comments?

Cheers, jerry
 \/    http://www.valinux.com/  VA Linux Systems   gcarter at valinux.com
       http://www.samba.org/       SAMBA Team          jerry at samba.org