Large Files and Samba on Linux

Anders Knudsen anders.knudsen at broadlogic.com
Mon Nov 20 19:46:31 GMT 2000

What is the status of LFS for Samba running on Linux? I am currently
running 2.0.7 on Linux. Looking at the source, I see that Samba code does
have LFS in there. However, when compiling on linux, the "configure" script
does not have provisions for LFS on linux platform, in that it "disables"
LFS for a uname of "linux".
I know glibc2.1 *has* LFS in there, so is there some other underlying
problems with regard to making Samba LFS capable under Linux glibc2.1 + ?
My question is of-course based upon need. That is, I need to get Samba
working with LFS on Linux x86, if it's at all possible at this time. If
not, are there future plans? I did not see any mention in road-map.
Thanks for your time, and feel free to email directly if this is better
discussed off-list.

-Anders Knudsen.