SMB Client with Perl module

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Wed Nov 15 22:31:55 GMT 2000

Alain & Estelle BARBET wrote:

> Hi,
>
> After read several demand on comp.lang.perl.modules, I
> want make module to access SMB share disk. I found
> on samba.org a good start. I will add parameter and a
> OO interface.
>
> First I think use perlxs, but I see that samba didn't use
> any shared librarie. All is hard linked in executables. So
> I can't use this method without include all source of Samba
> :-( So I will parse output of smbclient.
>
> What do you think of this ?

I would stay tuned.  :-)  We are ironically in the process
of experiementing with some shared library support in various
places.  Any I have spoken with a couple other people about
the modularization of code.

btw...I think this is a good idea :-)  Ever better is to wrap
the client side RPC calls into an administrative module
for handlind remote NT clients from your UNIX host.

 \/    http://www.valinux.com/  VA Linux Systems   gcarter at valinux.com
       http://www.samba.org/       SAMBA Team          jerry at samba.org
       http://www.plainjoe.org/                     jerry at plainjoe.org

                                - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )