Samba file locking

Freeman, Peter (ERHS) Freeman.Peter at saugov.sa.gov.au
Tue Nov 14 07:26:34 GMT 2000

Having a few hassles with databases on Samba (2.0.7)
Databases are Access & FoxPro based. (yes we're a MS shop unfortunately!)
Samba seems to be allowing only exclusive access to these DBs.  Ie: Database
spits dummy if any more than one user tries to connect.
I've played around with the oplock options etc, but there's no difference.
I put dbf, mdb, cdx files  in the veto oplock files parameter, but they
still come up in smbstatus as EXCLUSIVE+BATCH.
Are there other options that I don't know of to fix these problems?
TIA

Peter Freeman
Computing Support Officer
Eyre Regional Health Service

C/- Port Lincoln Health Services
Oxford Terrace
PORT LINCOLN  SA  5606

Phone:	8683 2055
Fax:		8682 6947
Mobile:	0417 814 749
Email: 	Freeman.Peter at saugov.sa.gov.au
<mailto:Freeman.Peter at saugov.sa.gov.au>

_
Information contained in this e-mail may be confidential and may also be the
subject
of legal professional privilege or public interest immunity.
If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure or copying of
this e-mail is unauthorised.
immediately.