How to find Server Validation Level

P Ranjit Kumar ranjit at cup.hp.com
Mon Nov 13 19:12:03 GMT 2000

Hi

Thanks for the quick replies.

I guess I am not talking about the security level thats returned in the
NegProt response. I think security level indicates things like password
encryption etc., For a typical NT server its usually set to 0x003 (User
level security, encrypted passwords).

What I am talking about is Validation Level thats set when Samba sends a RPC
Netlogon validation request. For example this is hard coded to 3 in file
rpc_client/rpc_netlogon.c , function cli_net_sam_logon(). It is passed to
the server over NETLOGON Pipe using the structure net_q_sam_logon_info (from
include/rpc_netlogon.h).

I think validation level indicates what level of user info does the server
support.

I am trying to find if this information is returned by Server in any of the
negotiation phases.

- Ranjit