fix to util_sock.c

okuyamak at dd.iij4u.or.jp okuyamak at dd.iij4u.or.jp
Mon Nov 13 07:36:33 GMT 2000

>> We actually used to use this instead of read() on sockets,
>> but one of the earlier versions of Solaris I recall has a
>> horrible bug in recv which causes this to fail. I think
>> FreeBSD at some point had a problem with this also.
AT> yep, we switched to recv() in the head branch in May 99 and found that
AT> recv() is completely broken on Solaris 2.5. We switched back in
AT> November 99.

Why did to switch it back, instead of simply detecting Solaris 2.5?
Didn't you think about read() being broken case?

And HOW was it broken? Simply does not work?
Or does not work on specific cases? Simply some of the flags was
undefined?

#There is many way to be broken, lot more then how to be right.
----
Kenichi Okuayma at Tokyo Research Lab, IBM-Japan, Co.