Samba 2.2.0 and SWAT

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Thu Nov 9 21:30:38 GMT 2000

Hi,

I found the problem ...

RedHat 6.2 and possibly earlier use MD5 passwords, and this info is
communicated to PAM.

However, the default configure options are --without-pam. When RedHat
builds the Samba RPM, they configure --with-pam, which I think fixes things.

Perhaps we should default to --with-pam when compiling on RedHat 6.x and 7.x?

This would make things less of a hassle for the un-initiated who compile
the source for themselves under RedHat ...

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe at ns.aus.com
Author, Special Edition, Using Samba