RFC: Draft 2 of passdb redesign

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Sat Nov 11 02:22:49 GMT 2000

"Anders C. Thorsen" wrote:

> Following Garald Carter's example, I'm replying to
> myself here.

Yes.  I know sometimes I talk to myself.  Doesn't
both me until I start laughing at my own jokes
(because I know I've heard them before :) )

> The Windows NT SAM db has support for aliases, right?

Don't think so.  You may be thinking of local
accounts (sometimes referred to as aliases)

> Then samba could make use of these as username
> mapping, and this way future PDC/BDC replication
> would be possible.

Don't follow you here.  Samba will know of an NT
username.  There is no NT username to NT username
mapping.  We will of course, provide UNIX username
to NT username mapping.  Is this what you mean?

Cheers, jerry
 \/    http://www.valinux.com/  VA Linux Systems   gcarter at valinux.com
       http://www.samba.org/       SAMBA Team          jerry at samba.org
       http://www.plainjoe.org/                     jerry at plainjoe.org