RFC: Draft 2 of passdb redesign

Anders C. Thorsen anders at aae.wisc.edu
Fri Nov 10 10:42:21 GMT 2000

With a large possibility of sounding stupid:

since the passdb should not have the knowledge of UID/GIDs,
for mapping purporses. Would it then be an idea of having
alias/mapping support, so that one could have a smoother
way of managing it in systems like LDAP, etc?

SAM_ACCOUNT* could then contain a different username (unix name)
than the one provided to pdb_getsampwnam. Am I right?

--Anders