duplicated usernames, unknown account in NT "permissions" dialog (2.0.7)

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Thu Nov 9 01:05:29 GMT 2000

At 03:42 PM 08/11/2000 +0100, dobos_s at IBCnet.hu wrote:

>choose one of them (no meaning which one) and give it some rights and open
>the dialog again I dont see the given user, but there is a new line:
>XYZDOMAIN\Account unknown.

Actually there is a samba that will do that, the old head 2.1pre-alpha does
all that sort of thing quite well. I don't know if it is still available
from the cvs and even if it was it was always a bit of 'pot luck' whether
it worked or not. I can post you a tarball of a know working one if you
like. (I've been using it for a couple of years...)

That being the case, I assume TNG will do it too. www.samba-tng.org

Or just wait around a bit and see if this functionality appears in 2.2
which will, most likely be a more stable product.

David

David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au