duplicated usernames, unknown account in NT "permissions" dialog (2.0.7)

dobos_s at IBCnet.hu dobos_s at IBCnet.hu
Wed Nov 8 14:42:36 GMT 2000

Hi!
There was no valuable reactions from list, so I repeat.

Enviroment: linux 2.2.17, samba 2.0.7 pdc, NTws4sp5.

In NT permissions dialog I see duplicated (tripled) usernames, when I
choose one of them (no meaning which one) and give it some rights and open
the dialog again I dont see the given user, but there is a new line:
XYZDOMAIN\Account unknown.

The situation dont changes If I stop and start samba again, or if I restart
the ntws.

This is the problem. Somebody will help me?

ps1: Is there a samba version which is as stable as 207, but has more
functionality? (e.g. a cvs tarball?)

ps2: Off-topic: Why got I a "Prohibited gate subscription" subjected
message from Mail.Delivery.System at f30.n451.z2.fidonet.org each time I write
to samba-ntdom?