Samba login

Jeremy Allison jeremy at valinux.com
Tue Nov 7 01:31:26 GMT 2000

Kenichi Okuyama wrote:

> Don't "CREATE" world, "SEARCH"!  Are you trying to search entire
> 2^19 patterns if you got filename like "/AN.UPPERCASE.FILE.PATH" ??
> And find out that there's no such file?

Ah - now I understand what you think we're doing. Take
heart - we're *NOT* doing that. We do exactly what you
suggest, which is to scan the directory and cache the
relevent mappings to a case-insensitive version of the
names within it.

The stat is done to check if the mapping is still valid.

Jeremy.