Pasword Lockout

Osama Abu-Aish osabmt00 at fht-esslingen.de
Thu Nov 2 19:21:07 GMT 2000

Am 2 Nov 2000, um 17:04 Uhr schrieb Devine Dave zum Thema Pasword Lockout:
Dazu meine Meinung:

Hi Dave,

in our case the problem was caused by samba trying different forms
of the password (like "password", "PASSWORD", "Password", etc.)
Since the first attempts failed and our NT PDC is configured to lock
any account after three logon failures, accounts were locked
randomly.

Our solution was to adjust the "password level" parameter in smb.conf
Since I'm not working there anymore I can't tell You the exact setting
anymore - sorry. Perhaps this helps nevertheless.

Greetings from Germany,
Osama

---
Fachhochschule für Technik Esslingen